Imagine a magical forest of sparkling, icicle laden trees for an enchanted Narnia-themed wedding... or frosty and festive trees with brightly coloured edible baubles for a Christmas-themed wedding.
Gingerbread Folk have the perfect table decoration to bring these winter wedding themes to life. Our new Gingerbread Trees make wonderful centrepieces on wedding tables.
Styling your winter wedding is simple... Here are our tips for your beautiful day;
- Keep your colour scheme soft to match the fallen snow around you. Whites and soft blues crispen the atmosphere and set the scene.
- Add elements of spice and warmth through your centrepieces, flowers and decorations. We recommend browns and reds to add a little heat.
- Natural fire will keep your guests toasty so candles should be a plenty.
- Enchant your guests upon arrival... Have your bridesmards cast confetti snow as you make your dramatic entrance.
- The richer the better - fine wine, dark and bitter chocolate team well with spicy gingerbread placecards which can double as bomboniere. These elements will warm the hearts and stomachs of your guests.
- FDon't forget your gown - strong lines and soft hues teamed with a wrap cardigan will have you looking stunning and keeping warm too!
- Greet your guest with the best champagne and serve a feast to remember.
- Don't forget winter is the time when wedding reception venues offer competitive packages allowing you to put more into the styling of your winter wedding.
Gingerbread winter wedding by gingerbreadfolk on Polyvore.com
Let us wind back a few weeks in the lead up to the big day. It's your hens/bachelorette party and step one is to get a handful of girlfriends and enjoy a fun afternoon of gingerbread house making (using Gingerbread Folk house kits of course). Decorate your houses to your hearts content in your theme colours, wrap them up and viola! you have your wintery centrepieces.
Gingerbread Folk High Tea by gingerbreadfolk featuring pewter heels
For table settings, our 2-in-1 personalised cookie placecards are a fun icebreaker and will get your guests warmed up and talking.
Gingerbread has a natural association with the tradition and timeless themes of winter. For information on Gingerbread Folk trees, houses and cookie placecards, head to www.gingerbreadfolk.com
To see some real wedding ideas using Gingerbread Folk products, check out our facebook wedding album.
For inspiration, head to the following bridal blog sites for more ideas about how to style a winter wedding;